Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Time for a Tea Party!

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Autumn!  I know for some it is "Fall", but I've always preferred "Autumn".  And actually, BOTH are correct!  

I truly love each season, and find there is beauty to be found all year round. . .


Today, I would like to share some fun crafts I've been working on, and also the lovely gifts I received from taking part in a "tea cup exchange" through Stephanie at  The Enchanting Rose.   And since it's Autumn, I thought I set a table outdoors with a plaid throw and a few Fall like elements.




I so much enjoy crafting, and one of the projects I've been working on is this accordion album using Graphics 45 "Halloween in Wonderland" papers. . .



Instructions can be found through http://www.mycreativespirit.co.uk/halloween-in-wonderland-perpetual-pocket-album-844-p.asp

A link to the finished piece:  https://youtu.be/zdp7xBNV99E

I highly recommend following Clare's very detailed directions.  I do not consider myself to be an advanced papercrafter, and these instructions are quite easy to follow. . .

Now, on to the fun!


I drew Deborah's name for the cup I was to send.  Deborah blogs over at  The Beautiful Matters .


And, I was to expect a package from Janet at Rosemary & Thyme .  Janet has such a beautiful blog, and she is so extremely creative in her styling. . .And boy!  Did she nail it with this teacup:











A little detail
This gorgeous tea cup/saucer and plate are from the "Collection Sevres" (Andrea by Sadek) and inspired by 18th Century designs.  I have to tell you, this is as beautiful China as I've ever seen!

Do you agree?


Interior shot


The detail is so sublime in this china. . .the decoration of flowers, the beautiful blue, the gilt detail and the embossing. . .I am SO in LOVE with this!

And if that were not enough, Janet also sent along the most beautiful teas, treats and gifts:






The teas are wonderful!  Not just one, but 5!  And all are delicious. . .not to mention the Biscotti (keep your hands off, Carl!) and the Shortbread.  The candle has such a heavenly aroma, and we're already using it.  And the pretty note cards with the sweet sentiment "Flowers Of Kindness Never Fade". . .my favorite kind of flowers, indeed. . . Thank you so, so much, Janet!








A few props which give me a feel of Autumn. . .gourds, acorns, and an antique silver teapot (recently acquired), an old, old sewing basket which I picked up at a local antique gallery the day I shot this.  




The day was quite blustery, and I wasn't sure I could get the photographs I wanted .  The sun kept disappearing and re-appearing, and I'm sure you all know what a challenge it can be. . .especially if your "assistant" is somewhere else that day!








Relics and Artifacts piece

One of my favorite elements to work with:  Sandra Evertson Relics and Artifacts Mythos  If you are an artist or crafter, you'll want to work with these.  I have nearly all of the collections, and have used them in a variety of ways. . .











I've been recently constructing my family tree, and exploring my Celtic roots; English, Welsh and French.  Found out that I have ancestors who came to Canada from Ireland, which is quite exciting as I don't think we knew there was Irish blood, but lo and behold, a great great  great Grandfather and Grandmother (Patrick and Mary) came to Ontario in the 1830's from County Cork.  The others, I have verified as coming from England and France.  But, the "Welsh" ancestors may have been from Scotland, instead.  The one who called himself Welsh also claimed to have been born in Aberdeenshire (which is a County in Scotland). 


It's quite fascinating to unravel the past, and there is more out there than birth and death records to be found, if you are patient and persistent.  Census records I find to be extremely fascinating, as there is quite a bit of information contained.  I've even discovered newspaper articles about ancestors who were notable for various accomplishments. . .

I'd love to hear if you are doing genealogy research.  Have you discovered  anything interesting in your ancestry?

Thank you for checking out my little blog today,  and a BIG Thank You to Stephanie for hosting this great tea cup exchange.  I am so happy to have been a participant!

Until next time, 



Cynthia

24 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my heart.... the trio Janet sent you made my heart go pitter patter with delight. Janet has excellent taste in china so I am not surprise that she would send such a lovely set. I know you will enjoy this sweet tea cup, my friend :)

    I was just visiting Deborah's blog and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what you sent to her. Your package was simply lovely!

    Thank you, dear one, for joining the 9th Tea Cup and Mug Exchange. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia, the china is absolutely gorgeous!The silver teapot is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have been truly blessed with your sweet treasures. I too have enjoyed the exchange so very much. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The china set is stunning! Absolutely a beautiful design. <3 Also, biscotti - the perfect treat to go with a nice cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The setting looks wonderful and inviting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the teacup, saucer and plate are beautiful! Love the color and the pretty roses! Look at all the goodies you got in your package! Enjoy your new china!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia, what a box of goodies! How lucky you are to receive a trio! The china is gorgeous. You've shared it all in a lovely Autumn setting. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, that teacup! It IS amazing, oh I could see the details with your close-up picture! Very beautiful, and I especially love the teal colors... and the tea, 5 flavors, such joy in a cup! Wasn't this tea exchange lovely beyond words! You did a fine joy of showcasing the joy that arrived in a box... happy to be tea-partying with you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tea cup and great job on the accordion album! Very nice, all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first teacup exchange I joined with Stephanie, Janet was who sent to me so I know how thoughtful and generous she is. Your teacup trio is gorgeous and will be perfect for sipping all your new teas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place you have here.
    My such a lovely package and that trio tea cup is gorgeous! Your tea collection will taste wonderful in that tea cup.

    Have a beautiful day~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW how beautiful! You were blessed. That teacup is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW- your tea cup trio from Janet is amazing - it is absolutely stunning. And all the extra treasures - you hit the jackpot!

    I adore Janet and Deborah - and isn't that the BEST part of the exchange = the melding of friendships. Stephanie is unbelievable putting this together for us all, she is a blessing! ♥

    I am so happy you had such a wonderful swap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That teacup trio is gorgeous! So feminine and romantic, just like Janet's blog. Such a fun time to open all the goodies and enjoy the love and kindness shared by all our tea-loving blogger friends. Everyone's been loving the package you sent me!
    I can't wait to get my stuff all organized in my new craft room and work on some paper crafts, although I don't do such fancy things as you show. Maybe soon . . .
    Genealogy research is fascinating. Good luck with yours; it reminds me of those Ancestry.com commercials where people all of a sudden find out they're Scottish and not German!
    Blessings to you, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love seeing what everyone gets and gives... So much fun!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. You received such a beautiful teacup and matching plate! You were well and truly spoiled with so many delicious looking treats too ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, what gorgeous gifts you received. Such a beautiful tea cup and saucer. The embossed pattern is amazing. May you enjoy many an enjoyable cup of tea in your pretty new tea cup as you explore your past. Oh.....your Alice in Wonderland concertina album is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Cynthia,

    I am so happy to read that you are enjoying the gifts I sent to you. You have displayed them beautifully and your Halloween In Wonderful book is amazing. Such a whimsical and fun craft. I am eagerly looking forward to learning how you put it together.

    We all have to be thankful to Stephanie for bringing us all together. She is truly a gem.

    May you enjoy many wonderful teas in your new tea cup Cynthia. It was a pleasure meeting you through the tea cup exchange.


    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pictures for this most wonderful tea party exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am swooning over your gorgeous trio!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous tea cup and yummy looking treats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cynthia,
    Thanks so much for visiting!! I love the pattern on those dishes!! So pretty!! And I also like the use of the plaid tablecloth!! So pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely things! I adore your beautiful dishes - the pattern and colors are gorgeous! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know I'm Late to the Party, but totally diggin' it! Mad Tea Parties are the best and I Love those Halloween In Wonderland Graphics 45 Papers! Will have to look for some... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...